Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Famous Amadeus Pizza

Famous Amadeus Pizza
Followers of my other blog Gothamburgers know of my recent run-in at Jimmy's Burger Shack. While I left Jimmy's full of sorrow, I made a left onto 8th avenue where someone famous was calling. That someone was Sean Combs. Are you doubting me Thomas? Well, go to Famous Amadeus Pizzeria on 8th Ave. and tell me that Mr. Combs' picture is not on the wall, calling you.

Interestingly, I was a bit confused by the name. Maybe it was Famous Amos but that was taken by that cookie guy? Or maybe it's just meant to be Amadeus? I hear the name Amadeus and Falco comes to mind. Falco and this guy.

Famous Amadeus Slice
In my undying quest to eat at every pizzeria in NYC, I ventured into Amadeus, not expecting much but knowing it was light years ahead of the competition across the street. Armed with a few bucks and low expectations, I gave Famous Amadeus a shot. How was it? Well, it was actually good. The sauce was tasty and had nice layers of flavor to it. The bottom had a nice crunch and the crust was good. My only issue was the copious amounts of cheese on the plain slice.

Rating - 3.25/5 - It's a bit pricy at $2.75 per for a plain but overall it's good, even with all that cheese. It's definitely better than that other place across the street so if you need pizza after a night at the garden, give Amadeus a shot. Be sure to ask the guy behind the counter to, "Rock me Amadeus."

Their site - http://www.famousamadeus.com/Welcome.tpl

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/5BoroFoodGuys

No comments:

Post a Comment